Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Addicted to Facebook

I resisted the whole Facebook and MySpace thing for a long time, because I figured it was just something that teenagers were into. But several of my friends that I e-mail with are on Facebook and they use it to post pictures of their kids and things like that. They kept urging me to get on Facebook with them. I finally gave in and set up an account just so that I could look at their photos - I figured that was the only use for Facebook I would have.

I was so wrong! It turns out that there are SO MANY people I know on Facebook. People I know from church, friends from my December Mommies e-mail group, friends from here in Denver, former co-workers, even friends from back in high school and college. Now I'm loving the chance to catch up with everyone and learn more about them from their comments and the things they post. And hey, I've even gotten to know a couple of the teenagers who are on Facebook. I'm now Facebook friends with a couple of the teenagers in my ward and it's been fun to have that connection with them when I see them at a church function. Just from a chance comment I made on Facebook one day, I now get a big hug from Sarah (Mia Maid in our ward) every time I see her. Plus I've learned that she's a really good babysitter who would love to watch my kids - bonus!!

So if you're not on Facebook yet, give in! Set up an account and make me your friend!

No comments: