Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

My kids love gymnastics and attend gymnastics class every week. We were going to a local gymnastics studio, and it cost a fortune! $40/month per kid. So in searching around for a cheaper option (after all, I'm not trying to raise the next Olympic stars, I'm just trying to get them some exercise doing something they enjoy), I discovered that most recreation centers have all kinds of dance, gymnastics, sports, arts, and music classes for people of all ages. Maybe this is old news to everyone but me, but I'd always thought the rec center was basically just a pool and an exercise room. The classes at the rec center are much more reasonably priced and they're just as good as the classes at the gymnastics center. The kids love it, and it's much easier on my checkbook!

For lots of amazing tips, or to add your own, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

No comments: