Friday, February 27, 2009

The Wi-brerry

Haley likes to try and help Preston practice the words they learn on shows like Dora the Explorer. After they hear a new word in Spanish, Haley will repeat it. Then she turns to Preston and says: "Now you say it. {word} Good job!" It's quite a routine with them.

So last night, I picked the kids up from daycare and we ran to the library to return some books. The kids had a good time picking out their new books and movies to borrow. As we drove home, Preston said happily: "I wuv the wi-brerry." Trying to model the correct pronunciation without correcting him, I agreed: "Yes, it's fun to visit the library."

Preston immediately informed me I was saying it wrong: "No, wi-brerry, Mommy. Now you say it. Wi-brerry."

I said: "Library."

Preston: "No mommy, WI-BRERRY!"

Me: "Wi-brerry?"

Preston: "Yay! You did it, Mommy! Good job!"

I guess he taught me...

No comments: