Tuesday, November 20, 2012

M is for Movie

Yesterday I had a brainstorm while at work (I may have been procrastinating my actual work). It suddenly occurred to me that it had been a long time since we took the kids to a movie (the last show they saw in the theater was The Princess and the Frog when Rylen was a few months old). Since they had been asking to see Wreck It Ralph and there was no school the next day, I thought we should have a family movie night.

Unfortunately, when I called Aaron to pitch the idea, he wasn't feeling well. He's not a huge fan of movies anyway, so going to a show with the kids when he didn't feel good did not sound fun to him. I didn't want to give up on the plan; so we decided that Aaron would stay home with Rylen (who would likely not sit still for a movie anyway) and go to bed early. And I would take the other three to the movie.

I got home from work to give the kids a quick dinner before heading out. And got a great surprise! In spite of not feeling well, Aaron had spent his day off with the kids cleaning the house! It looked so much better than when I left the house that morning. What a great husband I have.

The kids and I headed out for the movie and had a great time. They were well-behaved and got along and really enjoyed the movie. It was not my favorite kids' movie ever, but it was cute. More importantly, I loved snuggling with the kiddos on our "date night" while we watched the movie. It was really nice to just spend some time enjoying them for a change.

No comments: