Friday, June 21, 2013

Silly Songs

I was reading a post from a blogger I read (Binkies and Briefcases) and she mentioned a silly song she sings to her kids about diaper changes.

I sing a lot of silly songs to the kids. Most of them I just make up on the spot and forget about just as quickly, but I do have a couple of standards that I have been singing during diaper changes for many years now...

There's Super Pooper (sung to the tune of Super Trouper, by ABBA)...



Super pooper, I don't want to change you.
Wow this smells so bad.
Why don't you find your dad?
Can't wait 'til you're potty trained!




And then there's the I Dreamed a Dream song from Les Miserables...

I dreamed a dream in time gone by,
When hopes were high and life worth living.
I dreamed the diapers would stay dry...
I dreamed they never needed changing...
 
But the baby poops at night.
In the morning... afternoon-time.
And it tears my hopes apart.
For the diaper must be cha-a-a-a-anged!



Finally, for those times that the child decides he does not WANT to be changed and goes Running Away (sung to the tune of Rawhide theme song)...

Running, running, running
Why do you keep running?
Why must you go running - Away?
 
Don't try to get away here
You're going to have to stay here
Soon you'll be nice and clean and dry
 
I've got the diaper sitting here
There's wipes and ointment waiting here
They're ready to clean up your little hide
 
Over here, over there,
run away, come over here,
grab him quick, run away,
Stop that!
 
Over here, over there,
run away, come over here,
grab him quick, run away,
Stop that!
 
It's diaper time, RIGHT NOW!

1 comment:

Tera said...

Love it! I used to sing one to the tune of Rubber Ducky!