Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Company!

We have company coming to visit!

On one hand, I am terribly excited. Because we never get company! And it's about time we repayed my sister's hospitality for the several times we've stayed with her recently. And hoepfully fun with company will help pull me out of this depressed funk that I am in.

And on the other hand... panic! My house is not clean enough for company! If you know me at all, you know that I can kick off an anxiety attack just by thinking about letting someone in to see my cluttered house. Oh sure, you could try - as my husband does - to be all logical and point out that my sister doesn't care if my house is a mess. To remind me that we have 4 kids and I work all the time. To reassure me that it doesn't matter.

To this I say, BAH! Your logic has no effect on me! I know all of these things and yet I will still freak out over it. It's probably a good thing that they will be here in just two days so that I don't have much time to stress over it. :) In a very short time they will be here already and I can quit freaking out and start having fun!

No comments: