Friday, February 25, 2011

Visiting Utah

Since my computer is super-slow and tied up with a project at the moment, I have a few minutes to get around to updating the blog. :)

Last week we made a visit to Utah for Aaron's grandmother's birthday. We were worried about the weather, since it's always iffy heading over the mountains to Utah in the winter. Luckily, in spite of threatening forecasts, the weather cooperated and wasn't too bad either direction.

We drove over on Thursday, since on Friday I was supposed to make a site visit for work down in Salt Lake City. It was interesting to visit the site and talk with the nurses who use the materials I create every day. I also went out on a home visit - this is where the nurse goes to a client's home and teaches her about a couple of topics (again using my materials). I was really looking forward to a chance to see this - especially since I'm supposed to script a video showing a typical home visit. This was my opportunity to really see how things go in the home. Unfortunately, the nurse I was supposed to go with called in sick at the last minute. So they sent me with a different nurse. Who spoke Spanish. To visit a client who spoke Spanish. And the whole visit took place in Spanish. I do not speak Spanish. So I didn't really get much out of the visit.

We had a good time with the visit to Aaron's family, though. All of Aaron's brothers and sisters came to town for the birthday party. It was the first time all the grandkids had been together in several years. The kids had a wonderful time playing with their cousins. They were so sad to leave them. Hopefully we will get a chance to get together with the cousins again soon. And hopefully next time I will actually take some pictures... I even took the camera with me to Utah, but somehow never managed to pull it out and take a single picture.

No comments: