Wednesday, April 18, 2012

I'm Glad I Blog

I've complained before that I have a memory like a sieve. I just can't seem to hold onto things I want to remember. Thank goodness for Outlook and an iPhone to help me keep track of my days! And it also makes me glad that I have a blog to help me remember things - both big and little - that happen in our family.

Case in point... on Sunday we had a wonderful Relief Society lesson about temples and temple work. Throughout the lesson I kept thinking: I know I have a great story about some temple work I did for an ancestor. What was her name? Sarah? Sarah something. I used to know that name so clearly; I can't believe I've forgotten it.

It's been bugging me for days. In quiet moments my mind would keep working at the problem. Sarah who? Was Sarah the first name or the middle name? I know it was my family line on my dad's side... but I can't come up with it.

And then tonight I remembered. I think awhile back I wrote a blog post about that particular experience. So I went searching through the blog, and there it was. http://5shields.blogspot.com/2009/06/temple-memory.html And while I remembered the basics of the story, there were some great details in that post that I'd forgotten. Including Sarah's full name: Sarah Matilda France.

I'm sure glad I blog!

1 comment:

Tera said...

I've had so many moments like this too where I've needed my blog to recall something to my memory. It is because of this reason I continue to blog. Regardless if anyone ever read it again, I'd still blog so I can have a collection of my life.