Saturday, April 14, 2012

Quick Funny from Brekken

On our way home from Haley's baptism in Roy, UT we stopped by my parents' house in Vernal, UT. While we were there, we had lunch (bagel sandwiches) and the kids played on Grandma & Grandpa's new deck, which features an exciting ramp to run up and down.

Last night, Brekken asked me: "Sometime can we go to that grandma house again? The one with the cool ramp?"

"Yes," I told him. "We'll go there in July for the family reunion."

"Good," he replied, because I like... I like..." He trailed off, but I figured I could finish his sentence. He had just been talking about running up and down the ramp, so big surprise, he was going to say he liked the ramp.

"I like... bagels. We should have bagels at that grandma house."

Should I break it to him that bagels are actually available here in Colorado? Or let him continue to think they're a special treat only available at "that grandma house"?

No comments: