- Whispers. I hate the sounds of whispering. Something about all that breathiness and hissing. So I really hate the toilet paper commercial that comes on all the time where everyone whispers the whole time. If I have control of remote when it comes on, I have to mute the sound so I won't have to hear it.
- Pouring liquid... I don't know why, but I just don't like the sound when you pour liquid into a glass. There's a commercial on the radio where they open a can of Pepsi and pour it into the glass and it just makes me cringe a little when I hear it.
- Mouth noises. A HUGE pet peeve. I just hate hearing people chew, or scrape a fork against their teeth, or lick their lips (oh yes, some people do this noisily!). All of these are much, MUCH worse if they are occuring on TV or radio, because the noises are so much more pronounced and loud.
- The absolute worst of the mouth noises are kisses on radio or TV. I'm not talking about a cute little smack - MWAH. That's fine. It's the actual full-on kissing where there are all the moist mouth noises. And again, it's so much louder and more magnified because it's on TV and there are microphones to catch all the sounds. Ick! It's grossing me out just writing about it. It's enough to keep me from watching any kind of a romantic movie or TV show just to avoid it!
- Some people's voices. Again, this seems to just be on TV or radio that this bugs me (maybe I should spend less time watching/listening?) but some voices just bug me so much. I just hear the voice and it's like fingernails on a chalkboard (oddly enough, a sound that DOESN'T bother me much, but you know, it's a saying). I have to hurry and mute or turn off or otherwise get rid of the awful sound. The Girls Only commercial that plays a lot on Denver radio is an example. I HATE to hear her voice. It's such a bad aversion that it can actually make me feel sick. When I was pregnant, there was one particular commercial on the radio where I just hated the woman's voice. I would hear it, and it would immediately trigger my morning/all-day sickness. I even had to pull over to the side of the road and throw up once, it was so bad.
I know, I know. These are weird. But I'm sure I'm not the only one who is easily irritated by everyday things. What bugs you?