Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Jungle Jack's The Wackiest, Wildest, and Weirdest Animals in the World


Here's another book review blog for Thomas Nelson...

Summary
The Wackiest, Wildest, and Weirdest Animals in the World (by Jack Hanna) arrived at my door this weekend. It's a collection of information about unusual animals in the world and has some fun facts about them. There's also a DVD with bloopers from Jack Hanna's animal shows.


My Reactions
This is a children's book and it definitely appeals to children. As soon as I pulled it out of the box, my kids were excited by the cover art and begging to read it right away. We sat down right then and started reading it together. There were 30 animals featured in the book and we enjoyed reading the stories and unusual facts about them. The kids really liked the pictures and the information. My daughter is still quoting facts about the blue-footed booby at random moments! My son has been pretending to be a great white shark and an anteater since reading the book. They also really enjoyed watching the DVD.

Overall, I would say this book was definitely a hit! I would recommend it for kids from around 3 - 10.

2 comments:

Druciana said...

That sounds great! Where did you get it? Would I be able to order it from Amazon?

taradon said...

I got the book from Thomas Nelson publishers; they send me free books so that I'll review them. But you can get it from Amazon for a pretty good price. (http://www.amazon.com/Jungle-Wackiest-Wildest-Weirdest-Animals/dp/1400311403/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244557985&sr=8-1) I would recommend it. My kids love it!