Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Pray for Kenley

A good friend of mine is going through a terrible time right now. Her 20-month-old daughter took a tumble from a slide at the playground. It happens to all kids. It's happened to my kids so many times. But this time, she just fell wrong. And Kenley hit her head. And her skull was fractured. And she had a brain bleed.


Kenley was flown to the hospital 3 hours away from her parents. While they were still on the way, it was decided that they had to operate. I cannot even imagine the pain of dealing with that. Knowing that my child was having brain surgery and I was not there with her? It brings tears to my eyes to even think about it.


Kenley's surgery went well, but she is still in a medically-induced coma and on a ventilator - and will be for several more days at least. They are still having some issues with swelling of the brain, and now running into trouble with her glucose and insulin levels. From all I gather, doctors are cautiously optimistic, but she's not out of the woods by a long shot.


As a firm believer in the power of prayer, I feel that the more prayers on her behalf the better! I've put her in my personal prayers. I've put her on the prayer roll at our temple. And now I'm asking for you to put Kenley in your prayers as well. She and her family need all the prayers you can send.

1 comment:

Andie@multiplemama said...

Wow, how scary. When I was 18 I fell off my horse and had a similar injury. But it did not require surgery. It is amazing how quickly the brain can heal though. And that is what I will be praying for.