Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Happy President's Day!

I hope you had a happy President's Day and did not spend it (as I did) trying to recover from a night of vomiting and other unpleasantness that may ensure I never eat another leftover again. (Believe me, I already have issues with eating leftovers and now having actually gotten very ill after eating some... no more!)

Since I spent most of the day in bed alternately sleeping and channel surfing, I was reminded of the fact that for some reason, President's Day is synonymous with Mattress Sales. I've noticed before, but just kind of in passing. But this time around, I spent some time thinking about it and formulating a theory.

We all know that Bill Clinton and JFK are pretty well known for their extra-marital activities. And then there's Thomas Jefferson. And it turns out that Eisenhower, FDR, Cleveland, and Harding all had some pretty scandalous love affairs as well.

Hmmm... perhaps the connection between mattresses and President's Day makes sense after all!

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Interesting theory... you're probably not too far off on this one!

How is it we both have horking stories this week??