Tuesday, February 28, 2012

The Queen of Putrescence

I introduced the kids to "The Princess Bride" this weekend. They loved it and have watched it several times since. I always enjoy it when the kids like a movie that I loved as a kid - it's a nice bonding thing.

Predictably, Haley loves the love story in the princess bride.

Just as predictably, the boys love the sword fighting. Also the ROUSes (Rodents of Unusual Size).

Brekken and Preston were battling last night and fighting over who got to say: "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die!" They had to take turns being the six-fingered man who died dramatically.

Preston also called me the Queen of Putrescence several times. When I protested, he said: "But you're the queen, Mommy! You're in charge so you're the queen!"

I said to him: "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means." (He did not get my clever reference.)

I'm hoping that he is just using the word because he likes the sound of it, not as a reference to my (admittedly) sloppy housekeeping of late...

No comments: