Sunday, March 10, 2013

Sundays are Hard

Because the realization that it's Sunday inevitably triggers Preston to melt down. Then follows anywhere from 1-4 hours (depending on when Preston learned that it was Sunday) of screaming, crying, refusal to dress, eat lunch, or otherwise cooperate, and dramatic proclamations that we don't love him and we wish he would die. And that's just Preston. Brekken often follows Preston's lead, so he starts throwing fits as well. Haley is generally easier to deal with, but Rylen is a typical 2-year-old and thus a little hard to get ready for the day. I'm exhausted and done and out of patience and spirituality before we even step out the door. 

So now I'm sitting here in Sacrament meeting and listening to the speaker tell us that Heavenly Father will not give you more than you can handle... But I feel like I'm in over my head. I don't feel like I'm handling things. 

I'm in a hole. It's so deep I feel like I can't climb out. All I want to do I'd sleep and cry. Yet somehow I'm supposed to work and be a good wife and do my church calling and take care of the house and take care of the children and deal with Preston's problems. And I'm failing at all of it. 

No comments: