The kids then proceeded to give me a detailed lecture on why she shouldn't be smoking. I'm not sure where they learned it all, but they told me:
- There are chemicals (can-sickles, in Preston-speak, tentacles in Haley-speak) in cigarettes. I find it amusing to picture actual tentacles in cigarettes. :)
- Chemicals are bad. They make you want to smoke ALL THE TIME. (emphasis Haley's)
- You'll get sick. Then you'll have to go to the hospital (hop-sickle). "The hop-sickle is not fun!" Preston informed us. "They poke you with sharpies." I assume he meant sharp things, not actual Sharpie markers, but it's a funner mental image than needles. :)
- From Haley: "The prophet said we shouldn't. And he said so because GOD told him! So we don't smoke because God says so!"
- From Preston: "Yeah, we have to do what God says or we'll be in big trouble! Maybe He will spank us!"
Made me laugh. But I'm glad they're getting the right messages! Hopefully they will remember this stuff when they start to be rebellious teenagers and think it might be okay to start smoking.