Thursday, January 27, 2011

Speaking of my memory problems...

I have two things that I really worry I will forget about lately.

#1 When I get dressed for work in the morning, I dress in everything except my shirt. I save that for the last minute before I walk out the door. This is an attempt to avoid having Rylen drool his medicine, spit up, or get any other unwearable substances on my work clothes. I don't want to take the time to change my clothes before I run out the door to catch the bus. But I worry that one of these days I'll be in such a hurry that I'll forget about the shirt. I probably double-check 2 or 3 times each morning on the way to the bus stop to be sure that I did finish getting dressed before leaving the house.

#2 Since I'm breastfeeding, I pump milk for Rylen while I'm at work. I'm fortunate enough to have my own office, so I can just shut the door and pump there. But each time I start to unbutton my shirt and get ready to pump, I get paranoid that I forgot to close the office door and I'm about to give my co-workers an eyeful. I always have to look over my shoulder to double-check that, too... just to be sure. :D

1 comment:

Tera said...

Last summer I had a membership to Lifetime fitness. After I worked out, I would shower in the locker room before getting my kids. Not wanting to change into my garments infront of everyone I would always go into a changing room. One day I was paged to the child care room to get Ethan. I panicked, and not realizing I wasn't dressed all the way, I ran out of the changing room and through the locker room before I realized I was only in my jeans and garment top. I was soooo embarrassed!