Sunday, January 30, 2011

What is that?

Another sign I'm getting old...

I was listening to Plain White T's with Haley and singing along to a chorus that keeps repeating "like a broken record."

Haley sang along happily enough until it ended, then asked: "What is that?"

"What is what?"

"A record."

I explained that records came before CDs and cassette tapes and we used to use them to listen to music. I told her about how I remember having a little red record player that I used to play records with kids' songs. But that was when I was pretty young and mostly I had cassette tapes when I was a kid.

Of course, that led to: "What's a cassette tape?"

2 comments:

Mistaken said...

hahaha, I was cleaning out my room and came across a floppy disc that I used in High School. It has some cool stuff on it but I wouldn't know how to access it.

Melissa said...

Sorta like "Who's on first?" with the history of outdated musical items. Funny!