Wednesday, August 5, 2009

Cheap & Easy Game for the Kids

Last weekend I had a brainstorm. I thought of a cheap and easy way to make a game for my kids. I had some empty milk jugs so I threw them in the dishwasher to be sure they were really clean. Then I just took a sharp pair of scissors and cut out the top front of each jug. I left the handle intact to be used as... well, a handle.

Then I gave the kids a couple of balls and let them go crazy. It was a ball-catching free-for-all! They had a blast and are entertained by this game for up to 30 minutes at a stretch. If they were older and could play catch with the jugs, that would probably be a lot of fun too.

There is also some very involved and complex imagination game that Haley & Preston have come up with on their own... something to do with the balls (which they have named Zoey and Blink) who run away and need to be caught and taken care of. The jugs become cages, beds, carseats, and who knows what else. Lots of time spent playing this game as well. Brekken is happy just carrying his ball around and showing it to us. =)

So that's what's working for me this week. Check out the Works for Me Wednesday blog carnival at We Are That Family to see what's working for others!

1 comment:

Druciana said...

I wish I had your imagination when it came to finding stuff for my kids to do!