Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Frozen Treats

I love ice cream and other frozen treats. Give me a pint of Ben & Jerry's and I am a happy girl! (Mmmm... Karamel Sutra) But when I have a pint of Ben & Jerry's, I'm likely to eat the whole pint, not stop at the 1/2 cup serving size. And then I feel bad about eating it.



So I've found a new treat that comes without the guilt! Buy some Yoplait Whips (yogurt) and pop them into the freezer. After it freezes, it has a firm, creamy texture that's similar to ice cream. It tastes great. And it satisfies my craving for a frozen treat.


  • Ben & Jerry's = 280 calories and 15 grams of fat in a 1/2 cup serving
  • Yoplait Whips = 140 calories and 2.5 grams of fat in one cup

So frozen Whips are working for me. Check out the Works for Me Wednesday blog carnival at We Are That Family to see what's working for others!

2 comments:

Druciana said...

That sounds pretty yummy! Great solution for that cold, snacky craving.

Melissa said...

Might have to give that a try! I'm also a fan of the slow-churned stuff (is it Dryer's?) that has half the fat. Thanks for the tip!