Friday, September 25, 2009

Awesome Things

I like to read a blog called 1000 Awesome Things. It's just a list of normal, everyday things that - when you stop to think about it - are really great! I'm not ambitious enough to come up with a list of 1000, but I was inspired to create my own list of 10 Awesome Things.
  1. Waking up and realizing that you still have a couple of hours until the alarm goes off. You can snuggle back into your pillow and go back to sleep.
  2. Stretching REALLY big and feeling it pop all the way down your back.
  3. A really big sneeze… especially if it’s been tickling your nose for ages ahead of time.
  4. The perfect pump at the gas station. Without any trying on your part, the pump clicks off at a nice, round number.
  5. Climbing into bed after you put on clean sheets.
  6. Snuggling into your blanket on the couch when it’s cold and grey outside.
  7. The feeling of accomplishment when you get a room all cleaned up. I like to just look at it and enjoy the tidiness… for a few minutes… until my kids are allowed back in the room.
  8. Staying up late to read a really good book.
  9. When my husband hugs me or holds my hand just because. (He’s not real big on PDAs, so this is actually pretty rare.)
  10. When you realize that the kids have been too quiet for too long… you go looking for them, dreading what you’ll find… only to find that they’re actually playing happily together and not getting into any trouble. BLISS!

What are your everyday awesome things?

4 comments:

Jewel Allen said...

Cute Tara! I totally relate to #8, though the morning after is not as awesome when I have to get the kids off to school :-)

Mine would have to be

quiet morning
playing the guitar
seeing the neighbor's cat on our front porch
a sunflower
color

Mistaken said...

What a great post Tara. I think I'll try that.

Melissa said...

Love many of these, nice list! Simple pleasures, right?

Cara said...

Love your list. I, too, love crawling into a bed made of clean sheets, especially if I've just taken a bath and have a great book to read. Is there anything better than that?