Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Everyday Greatness by Stephen R. Covey

It's been a while since I posted a book review for the Thomas Nelson Book Review Bloggers, but I need to earn my free books! So here's my review of Everyday Greatness by Stephen R. Covey and David K. Hatch.

Summary - A compilation of some of the best human interest and inspirational stories from Reader’s Digest.


Reaction - I’ve had this book for a while but hadn’t started it. I assumed that since it was from Stephen Covey it would be full of self-help and self-improvement tips and just hadn’t been in the right mind-set. But once I read the book, it turns out that’s not the case. While there is information about improving yourself and becoming a better person – and even some study questions – the majority of the book is a compilation of some of the best human interest and inspirational stories from Reader’s Digest magazine. I love these stories. They are the ones that make you feel good about human nature. They leave me warm inside. I have thoroughly enjoyed reading this book and would recommend it to anyone who wants to feel good about human nature and the state of the world.

No comments: