Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Men are that they might have joy.

Okay, if you read my scripture blog, this is a repeat for you. But I just felt so strongly about this that I wanted to share it here, too.

As I was reading my scriptures this morning, verse 25 just really struck me today.

"Adam fell that men might be; and men are, that they might have joy."

Men are that they might have joy... what a great thing! We are here to learn and progress and to be happy! We may be working to overcome roadblocks in our life, we may be trying to constantly get better, but we should also be trying to be happy.

Men are that they might have joy... we are meant to enjoy life! So often it seems to me that everything is too serious. That everything should be taken seriously. But even though it's important to be serious in some instances, we are not meant to be down and dour. We are supposed to enjoy life and family and our other endevours.

So today, be happy!! :)

2 comments:

Tera said...

It is always a good reminder! I definitely need to work harder at this. Thanks!

Melissa said...

Certainly something to strive for, although it seems like joy has been in short supply these days. Guess that means we have to work harder at it! Good reminder.