Tuesday, September 15, 2009

We love PAWS

When Haley started kindergarten this year, she also started in the after-school program, PAWS. They pick her up from kindergarten, take her to the cafeteria for lunch, then take her back to the PAWS building for the rest of the day until I pick her up after work.

At PAWS, they have art projects, they play outside, they have computer time, they can get help with homework, they have toys to play with and books to read. They have staff (Miss Jilly and Miss Shannon) that Haley already loves.

Last night I picked up Haley and as we walked to the car she told me, "Mommy, I love PAWS." And so do I. I love the fact that she is well taken care of while I am not with her. I love that they don't just turn on the TV and have them tune out for the afternoon. I love that Haley gets to do arts and crafts every day (her favorite thing to do). I love that it's so low priced (something that really can't be overlooked)!

Mostly, I love the fact that she loves going there. I love that it makes her happy.

2 comments:

Cara said...

So glad you found a program that both you and your daughter are happy with. It sounds like fun. Can I join, too? Just kidding.

How are you feeling?

Tera said...

You can't put a price on your children's happiness, but when it is inexpensive, it's definitely a bonus!