Saturday, April 2, 2011

30 Posts: Day 18



Day 18 - A picture of someone who inspires you.



For those of you who are not LDS (Mormon), this is a picture of one of our church's prophets, Gordon B. Hinckley.



When I was in college, I took an institute class on the lives of the prophets. Everyone was assigned one prophet to research present to the class. I was assigned President Hinckley. To research him, I read his biography, Go Forward With Faith. It is a wonderful book and has so many inspiring, faith-building stories. I learned so much about him and found myself very inspired to be a better person and a better person. After checking it out from the library to re-read several times, I eventually acquired a copy of my own. Writing this post has reminded me how much I like it... I believe I'll have to put it on my list of things to read soon!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Love Pres Hinckley, love that book!