Thursday, April 14, 2011

30 Posts: Day 30

I did it! 30 posts in 30 days! Here we are at post number 30...

Day 30 - A picture of someone/something you miss. And yes, I know the enormous dinosaur statue is an odd choice. But it's really what the statue stands for. This is the T-rex statue that stands in the middle of main street in my hometown of Vernal, Utah. And for me it symbolizes the fact that I miss living near my family.

As much as I like Colorado, lately I've been really wishing that I lived closer to my parents, siblings, and grandparents. It really hit me when we spent a week in Vernal visiting everyone lately. I enjoyed the chance to just hang out with my family doing nothing special. I loved watching my kids play with grandma and grandpa and their aunts, uncles, and cousins. And it really made me wish that we could do that all the time.

So yes, I miss the giant (23 feet tall, FYI) dinosaur just because it makes me think of Vernal and miss living by my family. I'd really like to just move back there. I could actually even keep my same job and just work from a home office. But there are the issues of Aaron's job and how to sell the house in a neighborhood where NOTHING is selling right now. *sigh* But I have hopes...

(By the way... this is far from the only dinosaur statue in town! There are numerous versions of Dina, the town mascot. She is an cartoon-like and cheerful brontosaurus in various shades of orange and pink. And then there are the more realistic statues at the old Fieldhouse of Natural History museum. And the statues at the new natural history museum. And a little bit outside of town is the dinosaur quarry - part of Dinosaur National Monument - where they dig up actual dinosaur bones.)

No comments: