Wednesday, March 10, 2010

I Would Like to Introduce the Concept of Sweatpants

To the gentleman who jogs past me every morning on my walk to work in his Richard Simmons-esque incredibly short shorts:

Perhaps you have noticed that it is, in fact, winter. It was 29 degrees when you jogged past me this morning in your very short shorts. On other days so far this winter, it was actually much colder. The day that it was 3 degrees above zero and I saw you in your tiny shorts sticks in my mind particularly.

I do commend your dedication to exercise. Not everyone is willing to go out every day in spite of the weather. (Not even everyone in your own household, as evidenced by the dog that you have to drag unwillingly along as you run.)

However, might I suggest that you might be more comfortable if you were to switch from the itty-bitty shorts to a nice pair of sweatpants? You are obviously aware that it's cold out. You are wearing a thick coat, hat, scarf and gloves. However, I can't imagine that they do a great job of keeping you warm when half of your body is fully exposed to the elements. And while it may be that you are just naturally pale, your legs certainly LOOK as if they are white with cold.


There, isn't that better? I'm just saying...

Yours,

Cold Just Looking At You

2 comments:

Tera said...

Be grateful for one thing....Since it is so cold out, you don't have to worry about anything being exposed from the bottom of those very short shorts...if you know what I mean!

Melissa said...

Quite an image you have painted! Glad I don't have to see the real thing.

Love that you've put a family picture in your header!