Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Eating Habits

Today's writing prompt is to confess a weird eating habit. I thought about it and sure, I could go with one of the old stand-bys... I hate to have my food touch. I eat all of one item on my plate, then eat the item next to it, then the next item. At the ripe old age of 36 (37? How old am I, anyway?) I still don't like to eat my vegetables - even though I make my kids eat theirs.

But no, today I decided I'd focus on utensils. I'm very picky about utensils. Really, I just prefer to use a spoon at all times. If I could figure out a way to eat steak with a spoon, I would. Forks are to be used only as a last resort.

The type of spoon matters, too. A heavy-duty plastic spoon is best. Something about the texture is good for me. A soup spoon is also very good. For some reason I just prefer that shape. There are two soup spoons in the utensil drawer at work and I always search for one of them to eat with. I find it disappointing if I can't find one and have to use a regular spoon. (So a heavy-duty plastic soup spoon would be ideal.) If I have to use a regular spoon (or fork, if forced), I want the thickest, heaviest one available. I really dislike thin and flimsy metal utensils. I have no reason for this, it's just the way it is.

What about you? Anyone else have a bizarre eating habit they want to confess?

No comments: