Wednesday, November 21, 2012

N is for Number 2

newborn
Number 2. As in 2 years. 2 YEARS! How can it have been two years since my baby was born? I still think of him as my sweet baby in spite of the fact that he is walking, climbing, jumping, talking (a little), and getting into more than enough trouble for any official 2-year-old. He doesn't look like a baby anymore. He's a little boy.

2 years. It makes me sad to think that I won't get to experience those baby moments again. The newborn snuggles. The brand new baby fresh from heaven. All the little learning moments as the baby grows into a toddler.

I know there are many more happy moments ahead. I know there are many things to love about age 2, 3, 4, and beyond. But right now, I just feel a little bit sad that my baby is really not a baby anymore.

1 year
2 years

No comments: