Wednesday, May 1, 2013

OMG, it's May 1st. May 1st!

I walked out the door this morning into a heavy, blowing snowstorm. As I huddled in my coat trying to protect my face from the snow while scraping enough snow off the car that I could drive, I heard the birds tweeting in the trees beside me. It was going back and forth from one bird to another as if they were having a conversation. And in my head, this was the conversation they had.

(And no, I don't know why they talk in text-speak and have such an attitude problem... don't blame me, I'm just reporting the conversation.)

"WTF, dude?!?"

"I know! I mean, OMG, it's May 1st. May 1st!"

"Right? What is up with all this snow?"

"Seriously, we migrated for this? We could have stayed down south for another month or two until spring really arrived. But no. The early bird catches the worm and all that crap. We just had to hurry back north. This sucks."

"It really does. It's supposed to be springtime for cripes sake."

(car door closes)

"Ahhh!! That scared the crap out of me! I'm out of here."

(birds fly away)

No comments: