Tuesday, April 7, 2009

It's going to be a long week...

Since I started working at Nurse-Family Partnership, I have been working on a huge project. It's a bunch of handouts to provide to first-time pregnant moms to teach them about what to do/not to do, what to expect, all that sort of thing. It's been a very interesting project - and very big. I've basically written a book... almost 1,000 pages of materials that I've put together over the last 6 months.

The first phase of the project is almost finished now. In about 3 more weeks it's going to be such a huge relief!!! (Until the next project starts in about 3 and 1/2 weeks.)

Also, in about 3 more weeks, I'm going to feel the stress of this project going out across the nation and having everyone see it and judge it. Approximately 10,000 people are going to be getting these materials in the first year. That's a lot of people who might decide they hate it all. I'm actually already feeling that stress. I'm worrying in advance what everyone's going to say about it.

... And heaven forbid I start thinking about how many people can potentially get the materials. If President Obama's budget is passed, there's a lot of $$ in there for programs like ours, which could bump up the numbers to more like 500,000+ people. That's a pretty wide circulation!

So I'm spending this week in frantic proofreading and finalizing everything. It goes to the printer on Monday and everytime I think about it my heart starts to pound and I feel a little panicky. Yikes! It's going to be a long week...

3 comments:

Tera said...

You sure have a lot on your plate right now. It must be really neat though, to have such responsiblity and be able to use your talents and schooling in such a huge way!

Druciana said...

I'm sure you did a great job. Just sit back and relax a bit. You deserve it.

Melissa said...

Tara, how cool! Sounds like you've done some great work that will help many. Nice job!