Saturday, April 25, 2009

What a great guy!

My kids have a playroom that has been pure chaos. Toys everywhere. Piled so deep you could hardly get into the room. It had to be hard to play in there.

So yesterday I agreed to watch the Sallee kids on Saturday - knowing that meant that I would have to do something about that playroom so the kids would have somewhere to play. I asked Haley to pick up some while I was at work... but of course that didn't happen. :rolleyes:

When I got home from work, I told Haley that we needed to get in there and get some work done. But meanwhile Brekken was clinging and just wanted me to hold him and Preston wanted dinner and Haley was whining that she didn't want to clean. Frustrated, I just said, "Fine, we'll have dinner and then you have to go straight to bed so I can go clean the playroom."

At that point, Aaron stepped up and said he and Haley and Preston were going to take care of it while I watched Brekken and fixed dinner. I was a little skeptical of his methods at first, since he started out by dumping every toy box and basket out onto the floor! But then he proceeded to spend the next couple of hours (sporadically helped by the children and by me when I could get Brekken to cooperate with us) meticulously organizing every toy in the room. I can tell you that if I'd done it, I'd have been haphazardly scooping toys into whatever bin was handy, just to get them gathered up and off the floor.

It all looks so good now, I don't want to let the kids play in there! They'll just mess it up again. What a great guy to spend all evening taking care of that!

3 comments:

Druciana said...

Wow! I didn't realize husbands knew how to clean. hehe

Seriously...I love it when John steps in and takes care of the kids. It is sexy somehow. Way to go Aaron!

Tera said...

A man after my own heart. When our basement gets really dirty, that is totally how I clean to.

John said...

That's a total shock!! Aaron organizing!! Are they in alphebetical order; sorted by size, shape, and color; make, model, and year; geographic location; individual child preference? Just wondering if things had changed much sense 1995.