Saturday, October 23, 2010

Too Much Like Her Mother

Haley is a little too much like me in some things, especially when it comes to school. I was always very much a perfectionist about school. She is definitely following in my footsteps there, as demonstrated when she came home from school on Friday.

She was clearing out her backpack so it would be ready to go for Monday. Suddenly, I realized that her lip was quivering and she had started to sniffle. I asked what was wrong, and she burst into tears and told me:

"I'm just so sad about my vocabulary test and my spelling test. I got 6 out of 7 and 9 out of 10."

That's right, she missed one question on each test and was just so very upset by it. It took a while to convince her that she still did very well and that it was okay that she missed a question, as long as she tried her best.

But I totally understood how she felt, because I was just the same way! (I completely deny all rumors that I'm still that way.)

No comments: