Monday, May 18, 2009

His Name Is Jesus, by Max Lucado

I recently signed up to be a book review blogger for Thomas Nelson. They're a Christian book publisher and I get free copies of some of their books in exchange for reading the book and posting a review on blog for others to see. So you'll see book reviews popping up on the blog every so often...

Summary
I just finished reading His Name is Jesus by Max Lucado. This book would make an excellent coffee table book. It’s the sort of book that you leaf through or read a bit at a time. But it’s not really something you just sit down and read cover-to-cover in one sitting. The illustrations are beautiful! It was really a pleasure to read because of the wonderful artwork.

My Reactions
The book is organized into three sections. The first section is about Jesus’ life, the second about His death, and the third about His resurrection. Each page presents a story or thought about Jesus. You can open to any page in the book and read a short, inspiring thought. I think it would be great to use as a source of spiritual thoughts for a daily devotional.

If you’re a fan of Max Lucado and have already read most of his books, this book may seem repetitive to you. It’s a bit like a “greatest hits” collection, as it pulls passages from his other works. Then again, you might appreciate having all these inspiring thoughts pulled together into one book!

Overall, I liked the book. The way it was organized took you on a journey through Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection. I’m glad to have it in my library just for the wonderful artwork, but I also appreciate the inspirational messages.

2 comments:

Mistaken said...

I do like Max Lucado but I haven't read much. It's sounds great!

Druciana said...

I don't think I have ever read anything by him. I may have to put that one on my "to read" list.