Friday, May 29, 2009

Another unusual post...

So today I'm using the blog to gather information for work. Since I finished up the book about pregnancy, I'm now moving on to create one for infancy... birth to 12 months. Knowing that most of my readers are mothers, I thought I'd ask you for some input!

Thinking back to when you were a brand-new mom:
  • What surprised you about being a mom?
  • What questions did you have?
  • What did you worry about the most?
  • If you'd had a nurse coming to visit you each week to give you help and advice, what would you have asked about?

Thanks for any suggestions you can give!

5 comments:

Katie said...

So here are things I was concerned about and would have wanted to talk to someone about... Nursing-- I was so sore those first few weeks! Sleep-- how do I get the baby to sleep in her own bed (every time I put her down she woke up).

Druciana said...

1. I was surprised that the baby cried so much. I remember thinking that I must have been doing something wrong.
2.How do I get him to sleep at night? I think that was a big problem I had with all my kids.
3.With my first one I was always worried about whether or not he was getting enough to eat.
4.I had a lot of questions about colic and breast feeding.

Mistaken said...

1. I was suprised that I didn't seem to bond with her right away. It took me a couple of months. (She was colicky)
2. How do I get her to stop crying? What's wrong with her?
3. I worried about screwing her up
4. I would have wanted them to make her stop crying so much

Amy said...

I was totally oblivious. You think you know what to expect by reading all the books, but you are clueless until that baby is born. I didn't even know how to hold a baby. I was worried about EVERYTHING. I worried that I was feeding her too much (I breast fed with bottle supplement). I bathed her twice a DAY. When I told the pediatrician this she said "Every other day is fine." I didn't know how to tell if she was dressed too much or too little. It was a hot summer the year she was born. And is TV really ok???

taradon said...

Thanks for the input, everyone!!