Friday, August 28, 2009

And away we go!

We're off to Utah for a weekend visit!

We need to meet my new nephew Kyron - he's still pretty little; probably hasn't lost that "new baby" smell yet. ;)

We need to check up on my baby sister. She's almost 35 weeks pregnant and on bedrest for pregnancy-induced high blood pressure. She probably will be induced in about a week to 10 days and I'll have a new niece, too!

And we need to see my parents' practically new house. They had a flood a few months back. The dog chewed through a hose at the back of the toilet and flooded the whole house. I believe the last estimate I heard was $20,000+ in damage. The whole upstairs, most of the downstairs... everything had to be repaired, replaced, or otherwise fiddled with. My poor parents lived in an RV in the front yard for a month while the work was being done. But they're back in the house now, and from all accounts it is beautiful.

And the kids really need to see Grandma & Grandpa and the various aunts, uncles, and cousins who will be around. They have been excited about this all week. So Utah here we come!

4 comments:

Mistaken said...

Have a great time!!

Tera said...

I'm so jealous! Have fun getting out of Dodge!

Melissa said...

Happy travels!

Cara said...

I, too, am jealous. Sounds like a lot of fun. It's always good to be with family to strengthen bonds. Have a great time and blog about it when you get back!