Monday, August 8, 2011

The Lazy Song

I was listening to the radio this morning and Bruno Mars' "The Lazy Song" came on. If you don't know the song, some of the lyrics are: "Today I don't feel like doing anything. I just want to stay in my bed. Today I don't feel like doing anything. Nothing at all."

It struck me that the song captured my feelings exactly. I really don't feel like doing anything. I so wish that I could stay in my bed and do nothing at all. Not long term or anything, just for a day. I think if I could have one day to just do nothing but sleep and be lazy, maybe I could finally catch up on my rest and not be so exhausted all the time.

However, today is not the day. I'm on my way to the office, where I have the feeling they will expect me to accomplish something with my time. I just may skip lunch in favor of a nap in the quiet room, though. ;)

No comments: