Thursday, October 23, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

I found a great site that lists bunches of tips and tricks that various people have come up with for making life easier. Basically, every Wednesday you post your own tip - something that works for you to make life simpler. I thought I'd give it a shot! So here's my WFMW idea...



Every year for Halloween, I buy candy to hand out. And every year, we have leftovers from what we hand out, plus the extras from the kids' trick or treat bags (the stuff they don't eat Halloween night). It always ends up just sitting around for months until we finally throw out all the hard, stale wasted candy. So to minimize that this year, I'm not buying candy to hand out to trick or treaters!

Instead, I went online and found a good deal on lightsticks. I bought 100 lightsticks to hand out instead of candy. Every kid I've known loves to play with lightsticks, so it should go over well with trick or treaters. And if there are leftovers, my kids will love to play with them! (And unlike extra candy, I won't feel like it's bad for the kids if I hand over the leftovers ;D )

For lots of amazing tips, or to add your own, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

No comments: