Thursday, February 26, 2009

Missing Mom

I was home with Brekken today because he was sick. I took advantage of being home to take time to call and talk to my mom. It's one of those things I always mean to do, and then it gets put off because life gets in the way. Before I know it, a couple of weeks have gone by and we haven't spoken. So even though the kids would be mad if they knew I talked to Grandma and they weren't here to get their turn, I called just to chat.

It was nice to talk to her just about random stuff going on. It reminded me how much I love my mom and wish we lived closer! I love living here for many reasons - I have a good job, great friends, we like our neighborhood and our ward, even the weather for the most part (today being the exception). The only problem is that our families are on the other side of the Rocky Mountains. The weather during the winter is so bad across the Rockies that it feels like we never see our families between about October and May.

I wish we could visit more often. I wish they could visit more often. I wish we all had enough money that we could fly over for a quick visit. Until then, I guess I'll focus on being glad that I can just pick up the phone and call when I'm missing my Mom.

No comments: