Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday

We had a treat exchange planned for work and I thought that I would be ambitious and make fudge. So I attempted to do the bowl over a pot of boiling water to melt the chocolate and all... it didn't work. The chocolate seized up and I ended up with a pan of rock hard separated chocolate. Nasty. I gave up on that method and figured I'd just buy some slice and bake cookies or something.

But then I got an e-mail that had a recipe for fudge in the microwave. It looked easy, I had the ingredients, so I decided to be brave and give it a try. It worked great! Now I'm all set for the treat exchange. =)

1/4 teaspoon of salt
14 ounces of sweetened condensed milk
2 cups milk chocolate chips
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 cups mini-marshmallows
1/2 teaspoon of vanilla

Put it all in a microwaveable bowl. Microwave for 90 seconds. Stir. Microwave for another 90 seconds. Stir it all together and then pour (quickly because it starts to set up very fast) into a 8" or 9" pan lined with parchment paper. Put it in the fridge for a couple of hours to set up firmly. Remove from pan, peel off the parchment paper and slice. Easy and yummy!

So that's what works for me this week! For lots of amazing tips, or to add your own, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

No comments: