Saturday, February 21, 2009

Works for Me Wednesday

I get a lot of chain e-mails... messages asking me to help a sick child, find a lost child, sign a petition, take a stand on important legislation, get free products, or avoid the latest computer virus. Unfortunately, the messages that aren't outright hoaxes are often still full of misinformation. Even the ones that have some truth to them are usually pretty out of date.

So every time I get a chain e-mail like that, I go out to www.snopes.com to check it out. Snopes has a comprehensive database of the frauds and scams and practical jokes floating around in cyberspace. You can search the database to learn whether the e-mail forward is true or false. If I find proof that the forwarded e-mail is false, I try to let people know what Snopes had to say. Just trying to do my part to stop the plague of bad e-mails out there! =)

So that's what works for me this week! For lots of amazing tips, or to add your own, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

No comments: