Saturday, March 14, 2009

Understanding Dora

After many years of watching Dora the Explorer with my kids and not understanding it, I think I finally have it figured out. There's a reason that the animals talk, a monkey can be an engineer, stars come down to visit on a regular basis, and the map can sing.

Dora is from another galaxy. That's right, she's an alien!

I was watching Dora yet again this morning and Dora needed to help rescue some space creatures. The map showed them where to go. The first step was to find the Milky Way. If Dora lived on Earth, she wouldn't have to find the Milky Way, she'd already be here!

What's more, when they got in their rocket ship (and surely only an alien culture would give a rocket ship to a monkey and a 7-year-old) and blasted off, they could clearly see the entire Milky Way off in the distance. So obviously, they were starting from somewhere outside the Milky Way.

There you go, Dora is explained. This also explains a lot about her cousin Diego...

4 comments:

Druciana said...

I always thought there must be something strange about that littl girl...

Rachael M said...

I totally agree. On our planet, she would have been removed from her home long ago because of the negligence of her parents. I've seen her swing on vines to cross fiery pits-- unchaperoned, no less-- because she was late for school, and also travel all the way to a televised soccer match with only Boots and map to guide her.

Then there's the issue that sometimes it appears that she lives in the middle of a rainforest, yet it's just a hop, skip, and a jump to the South Pole!

taradon said...

Oh Rachael, so many of the things that Aaron and I have wondered about!!

CatSoftLabs said...

I knew it! I have now uncovered Dora's disguise! Dora,now you are BUSTED!