Friday, March 13, 2009

My Strangest Fear




I got tagged on this one and thought it could be fun...



I actually have two strange fears.


The first is that I'm afraid my car will catch fire while I'm putting gas in it. I'm especially afraid that it will catch fire with my kids all strapped into their carseats in the back. I try my hardest not to ever get gas if my kids are in the car. If I do have to fill up when they're with me, I rehearse in my mind the fastest way to get them all unbuckled and out of the car in an emergency.


I know, I know, it's weird! I told you it was. In my defense though, my brother's car actually did catch fire when he was fueling up. It burned up completely in a matter of minutes!

The second strange fear is... I'm scared of vampires. Isn't that ridiculous? I even remember when it started. I read a book in 4th grade that was about vampires and it scared me to death. For a couple of years - yes, years - I slept with a shaker of garlic powder under my pillow! This is only because my mom wouldn't allow me to keep actual garlic or a stake under my pillow.


These days, three of my favorite series are the Twilight, House of Night, and Queen Betsy books. All about vampires of course. And I read them and enjoy them immensely. And then I put them down and forget about them. Until I have to leave for work in the morning. And it's still dark. And there's no one else awake and moving around on my street. And the little voice in my head starts reminding me that not all vampires are nice like the Cullens... and just maybe... And then I hurry to the car and turn up the radio so that I can pretend I'm not a 4th grader at heart!


There, now I shared and you've been tagged. What's your strangest fear?

2 comments:

Druciana said...

Finally...
I just wanted to say that the car fire thing isn't too strage especially since you know someone that it happened to. As moms, we seem to fear the death or serious injury of our childrnd.

As far as the vampire thing goes...you do know that those books are fiction, right? lol

taradon said...

Well, maybe they are fiction. You never know...