Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Dinner Time

This is what the kids and I made for their dinner last night:

Stuffed shells... stuffed with a turkey salad and topped with just a little shredded cheese. Seemed like something the kids would like. They enjoyed putting it together.

But this is what they actually ate for dinner:

They took a couple of bites of the stuffed shells and then refused to have any more. They ended up having cereal instead.
Aaron and I ate the stuffed shells and we thought they were pretty good. Next time I'll make a more grown-up version with a bechemel sauce instead of the shredded cheese and Aaron I will have it for dinner without the kids!

3 comments:

Tera said...

Oh man, cooking for kids is so not fun. When JP is out of town or not home for dinner because of school, I don't even bother to cook a normal meal. Why bother? They'd rather have pb&j, so if I did cook, it'd be a waste of time. I really only cook for my hubby and myself anyway!

Amy said...

Found your new address!

Druciana said...

That sounds like how my house used to be. I got tired of it and told the kids they have to eat what I made. We get lots of fits, but I just remind them that they will be throwing up in the morning, and they can have a slice of bread after they have had at least one bite of EVERYTHING I made. It seems to work in my house.

The shells look really yummy btw!