Thursday, September 30, 2010

Warm and Fuzzy Feelings

This has been a good week for compliments... and you can never get enough of those!

On Sunday during the Sacrament song, a gentleman sitting in the row in front of us turned around and looked at me. I didn't think much about it - figured Brekken accidentally bumped him in the back or something since Brekken was on my lap. Later he stopped me in the hall to tell me he had to turn around and see who was the angel singing behind him. Ah, warm fuzzies! I love to sing and am sometimes afraid I'm a bit too loud and enthusiastic about it. So I'll happily take a compliment on my singing.

This morning on the bus, I got a compliment from another regular rider. I wore my hair down today instead of my usual lower-maintenance bun or ponytail. She leaned over to tell me that she loved seeing my hair down - She'd always liked the color, but hadn't seen all the curls before. More warm fuzzies. :) I used to hate my hair - and still have moments of dislike for it when it won't behave - but have learned to appreciate both the color and curls a lot more as I get older.

But - and this is the part that makes me kind of a dork - the biggest warm and fuzzy feelings have come from work this week. I finished writing a user manual for our new software system and sent it out for review to be sure I had covered everything needed, given the correct instructions, etc. I have gotten a ton of compliments from people around the office over it. And now I get a warm and happy glow when I think of my user manual. Yes, a software user manual is making me very happy. LOL

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Nice job! Always good to feel appreciated.