Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Mmmmm... Panda!

Last night I gave in to the pleas for a silly little toy currently in the McDonald's happy meals - Kung Fu Panda action figures. On the way home, the three older kids had an interesting conversation about pandas.

Preston: I think I would like to eat a panda. I would just take all of the fur off and eat it up.

Haley: That's gross! You would have to cook it first.

Preston: I don't know how to cook. So I would just have to take a bite.

Haley: I would cook it for you. You just pull off all the fur, then put it in the oven for 10 minutes and then it's done. ...{a few seconds of deep thought}... maybe I would need to have a recipe. Mom, where do pandas live?

Mom: In China.

Haley: Okay. Hey, Mom! I need to learn Chinese. Then I could go to China and find someone and ask them, "Hey, how do you cook a panda?" And then we could cook one and eat it.

Brekken: Mmmmm... Panda!

No comments: