Wednesday, November 19, 2008

My Worst Date

Rosa had this one on her blog and tagged anyone who read it to post their own worst date, so I'm playing along.

I have a number of bad dates to choose from, but I think I've narrowed it down to one... It started off good. In college I went to the Logan temple to do baptisms. Afterwards, I went to get some dinner in the temple cafeteria. When I went to pay, there was a cute guy manning the register. As luck would have it, the register tape ran out and he needed to change it before I could get a receipt. We chatted while he changed the tape, and by the time he finished the job he had asked for my phone number and a date. A couple of days later, he picked me up for our date. We ended up going back to his apartment, where he proceeded to spend an hour or so demonstrating his voice-recognition word processing program. Woo-hoo, fascinating! Then he decided it was time for dinner, so he microwaved a couple of burritos (mine was still icy in the middle, by the way). He must have enjoyed his though, because as I recall he didn't say a word while he was eating. Just grunted a couple of times in response when I tried to talk. When we'd finished eating, he told me that since it turned out I lived so close (about 4 blocks) it should be okay to walk back to my apartment. He was low on gas and didn't want to drive. That was fine with me - I figured it was a nice night, maybe a nice evening walk would improve the date a little. Of course, it turns out he wasn't planning on walking with me. Nope, just said goodbye at the door and sent me to walk home alone. Needless to say, when he called about a 2nd date, I wasn't interested.

Thank goodness I don't have to deal with the dating scene anymore!!

Now, if you've read this - consider yourself tagged. Post your own worst date and let me know you've done it so I can read your dating horror story!

No comments: