Monday, November 3, 2008

Testimony

At fast and testimony meeting yesterday, Haley was listening to everyone bear their testimonies and then turned to me and said - "Mommy, I don't have a testimony!" So I asked her if she knew what a testimony was, and she said she didn't. So I explained what a testimony was and her face lit up and she said "I DO have a testimony!" Then of course, she was determined that she needed to go up to the microphone and bear her testimony.

The meeting time was almost over, so we tried to convince her to wait until next week, but she was determined that she needed to go up right now! So we asked her what she planned to say. She said she wanted to say. "I love Jesus. I know he wants me to go to church. Amen." We finally agreed that she could go, and up she went (with Aaron). When she got to the mike, she stepped right up and said "Hi. My name is Haley" because we had a lot of new people in the congregation, so everyone had been introducing themselves. And then she got a good look at how many people were out there and froze! With a little prompting from Aaron, though, she remembered what she had planned to say and said it well. Meanwhile, Preston had escaped from me and followed Aaron and Haley onto the stand. He tried to climb up to the mike as Haley stepped down, but Aaron wisely pulled him away. You never know what he might decide to say!

No comments: