Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Works for Me Wednesday

I do almost all my shopping online - even my grocery shopping! One of our local grocery stores (King Soopers) has a web page where you can go grocery shopping. You click through the aisles just like walking through them at the store and add items to your grocery cart. You get all the same weekly sale prices and club card specials that you would get at the actual store. After you place your order, someone at the store will pick it all up and deliver it to your house the next day (at the time you choose).

One of the bonuses for me is that shopping this way pretty much requires you to make a list, which always helps me save money and avoid impulse buying. Plus, you don't see those little endcap displays that always tempt you to just pick up "one more thing". I can place my order on my lunch hour or on a break and it's much quicker than when I go to the store in person. Add in the fact that I don't have to either drag all three kids through the store or wait and go after they've gone to bed, and it's well worth a $10 delivery charge to me!

If you live in Colorado, check out www.KingSoopers.com and see if your store offers HomeShop. Albertsons and some other chains also offer online grocery shopping.

For lots of amazing tips, or to add your own, visit Works for Me Wednesday at Rocks in My Dryer!

No comments: