Sunday, February 26, 2012

My Mother-in-Law's Amazing Crockpot Beef

I was just putting dinner in the crock-pot and thought I'd better share this recipe for amazing crockpot beef. My mother-in-law introduced us to this and it is SO good. We have made it regularly since she made it for us once. The best part? SUPER SIMPLE.

Take a beef roast (or pork... or chicken... we've tried it with all three. It's best with beef, but pork and chicken are very good as well.) and put it in the crockpot. Add a package of powdered ranch dressing mix. Add a package of powdered Italian dressing mix. Add about 1/4 c water. Put the lid on the crockpot and walk away. Let it cook 6-8 hours on low until the meat is tender enough to shred. Shred it with a fork and serve over potatoes or rice or on rolls for sandwiches.

It's so good and so easy. Love it. Thanks, Bonnie!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Totally trying this today. I have this big fat roast that I MUST cook and I was dreading doing the pot-roast w veggies and potato thing. Now I am just going to buy some rolls for sandwiches! Nom nom nom!